Families experiencing homelessness or temporary living situations do not need the normally required documentation at the time of enrollment. See the Students in Temporary Living Situations (STLS) webpage for further information.
Proof of Age
Documents can include, but is not limited to, any ONE of the documents listed below:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's baptismal record
- Court documents
- Medical Records
Proof of Current Address
Documents can include, but are not limited to, any TWO of the documents listed below:
- Current utility bill
- Illinois driver's license or State of Illinois identification card
- Employee identification number
- MediPlan/Medicaid card
- Court documents
- Illinois Department of Public Aid Card
- Stamped United States Post Office change of address form
- Illinois state aid check/social security check
Research shows that healthy students have better attendance and perform better in school, academically. Children must have proof of required immunizations and health exams before October 15 of the current school year or they will face exclusion from school. Please remember that a healthy child is a healthy learner.
Immunizations and physicals are required for students entering 9th grade. It is recommended that students receive their immunizations and physicals prior to the end of their 8th grade year.
Children are encouraged to submit of their required immunizations and physicals prior to the start of the school year and no later than October 15 of the current school year or they will face expulsion from school.
Physical examination Requirements
All students must have a physical examination within one year of:
- entering schools in the State of Illinois for the first time at any grade level
- entering kindergarten or 1st grade, 5th grade, and 9th grade (ages 5, 10, 15 for ungraded programs)
- entering preschool up to age 6 (physical exam and lead screenings)
- Diptheria, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Tetanus (DTP/Td)
- Inactivated Polio
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Haemophillus Influenza, Type B (HIB)
All students in Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grade must have a dental exam completed by a licensed dentist prior to May 15th of the current school year.
If you want more details about the immunization requirements or if you have questions, first call your local school nurse or the Office of Coordinated School Health (773) 553-1830.