Chicago Public Schools Tuition Based Preschool (TBP) offers families an affordable ten hour school-based educational program. This program is offered in a small number of elementary schools. There is a fixed tuition for all participating children.
Why Tuition Based Preschool?
The Tuition Based Preschool program provides:
- Ten hour school day for a fixed tuition
- High quality preschool experience
- A standardized curriculum: Creative Curriculum Literacy Approach is used in all classrooms, providing a research-based structure to support student growth and learning
- Operation is the length of the CPS school year
- Enrichment activities and field trips
How to Apply
Step 1: Visit each school’s webpage to gain a better understanding of the school and its program.
Step 2: Download an application.
Step 3: Submit an application directly to the school(s) you are interested in. You may apply to multiple schools.
- Tuition is due on the 20th for the upcoming month. On the 25th a $40 late fee is added. On the first of that new month an email and letter will be sent notifying the family that unless payment is received by the 15th of that new month the student will be removed. If the month is still unpaid by the 15th of that new month the child is removed. A child may return if there is space and all balances are paid. Any closed accounts with unpaid tuition will be turned over to a collection agency.
- Each application must be accompanied by a deposit check. For the 2018-19 and 2019-20 school years the deposit amount is $700.
- This deposit is non-refundable. At the time of a placement offer, the deposit check is cashed and the amount will be credited to the annual tuition balance. However, if a placement offer is not made, the deposited check will be returned.