The Parent Support Center (PSC) works in collaboration with CPS staff members across the district, including network chiefs and leadership, to ensure all CPS families have equitable access to high-quality services and resources. We encourage parents and guardians of CPS students to reach out to the PSC with their questions and concerns, and we will work diligently to assist you by answering your questions or connecting you to the right people.
The PSC is aligned with CPS’ Five-Year Vision by:
- Ensuring the learning, health, and safety of every student.
- Working together with students, families, educators, and community partners to support student academic success.
As part of the PSC, Parent Support Administrators are assigned to each CPS Network Office and are responsible for the following:
- Providing a single point of contact for parents/guardians.
- Acknowledging and responding to parent concerns in order to work toward a resolution.
- Serving as a liaison between parents and CPS to ensure parents reach the right person that can resolve their inquiry or request for assistance.
The PSC uses a collaborative team approach to review parent inquiries and concerns and achieve equitable resolutions.We are committed to using a transparent, positive, and an unbiased approach while acknowledging and efficiently responding to individual parent inquiries.
All PSC decisions and resolutions are governed by the Illinois School Code, Chicago Board of Education policies and procedures, as well as district guidelines and procedures.