The New Aspen Student Portal
Chicago Public Schools is excited to announce that starting April 22nd, 2019, the current Student Portal will be replaced with a new system called Aspen. Aspen will provide the same capabilities of the old Student Portal while adding new features as well, including Historical data, Graduation Requirements, Student Fees, and a new, easy to use mobile interface. Please read on to find out more about Aspen and how to get access.
Getting a new Aspen Student Portal Account
Existing Student Portal accounts will be automatically be transferred to Aspen. The new Student Portal URL is aspen.cps.edu and you will use your CPS username and password.
If you want a look at Aspen, feel free to logon and try it! The information that you see in Aspen Student Portal is reflective of March 15th, 2019 data.
The evening of April 12th, the current student portal and Aspen will be down for maintenance. On Monday, April 22nd, 2019, the Aspen Student Portal will be live and attached to your teachers’ gradebooks.
What features does the Aspen Student Portal have?
Aspen will provide the same capabilities of the current Portal while adding new features as well.
- Student Assignments
- Student Grades
- Student Schedules
- Student Attendance
- Grade and Attendance Notifications through email or text messages
- Student Fees (Web Only*)
- Health Compliance (Web Only*)
- Historical information beyond the current school year
- High school students progress against graduation requirements (Web Only*)
- Mobile-friendly Format
*- for use on desktop or laptop-based browsers
Additional Comments and Support
The amount and frequency of information entered into the Student Portal may vary from school to school and teacher to teacher.
- If you do not have a home computer, please check with your school to see if they have a designated computer. Alternatively, you can use your valid Chicago Public Library (CPL) card at any branch to access the Student Portal. To use a CPL public computer, you must have a valid CPL card in good standing. Simply make an online reservation at the PC Reservation Station. You can choose from the next available PC or pick a time that is most convenient for you. Patrons are allowed two 1-hour PC sessions each day.
- Progress reports, report cards and transcripts are not available on the Aspen Student Portal. Please contact your school for transcript information.
More information can be found on the parent resources page.