Have you ever looked closely at the CPS logo? It doesn't come close to representing who we are as a District. Now, student artists have a chance to change that.
From now through May 28, the District will hold a student art contest to create a new CPS logo.
"The goal is to have students think about what CPS means to them and what they want it to mean to future generations, and then use their artistic talents to create a logo that reflects that vision," said CPS CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett. "I am excited to see what our talented artists produce."
- The contest is open to all students in grades 6-12
- Original logo designs can be in any art form, but must be submitted digitally (e.g., take a digital photo of a logo drawing and upload it for submission online).
- All logo designs MUST include the full name of the school district (Chicago Public Schools) and MAY include the abbreviation CPS
- Logo designs MAY include a tagline
- The winning logo design will be announced before the end of this school year.
- The winning artist will work with a professional designer to finalize the new CPS logo and will receive a $200 gift certificate to Blick Art Supplies.
Tips for Student Artists:
- Your logo should be a visual representation of who we are as a District:
- Consider those logos that are easily identifiable (Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Target, Apple, etc.) and are linked forever to the brands and products they represent.
- Think about taglines that work (McDonalds—I'm lovin' it, Avis—we try harder, Nike—Just do it)
The deadline to submit a logo design is May 28 at 5 p.m. For more information on the contest, talk to your art teacher or visit www.cpsarts.org/logo-contest.