Eighth-graders who have not yet decided on a high school for the 2014-2015 School Year are strongly encouraged to attend the Spring High School Fair on Saturday, March 29 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the UIC Forum.
Choosing the right high school is important for student success, and there are plenty of options available for the coming school year. But in a school district this size, it can be challenging to sort through all the information. So to help families access a variety of school options in one place, CPS is preparing to host its first-ever Spring High School Fair.
WHAT: A High School Fair featuring dozens of CPS schools with available seats for SY 14-15
WHEN: Saturday, March 29 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
WHERE: UIC Forum, 725 W. Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60608
There is no cost to students or their families, and free transportation is available through New Life Pilsen. For complete details on this option, as well as a list of high schools participating in the Fair, click here.
Why should 8th-graders attend the High School Fair?
- Students can talk with numerous schools about their academic, athletic, and extracurricular programs all in one place
- High school applications can be completed on site.
- Students can visit a Student Services Center to get advice from academic counselors and learn about resources for diverse learners, ELL students, JROTC, etc.
To help keep students and their families engaged, the High School Fair will also feature exciting raffle prizes, including:
- Gift Cards
- Tickets to Bulls and White Sox games
- An autographed Derrick Rose jersey
This is a great opportunity for 8th-graders to find the high school that is right for them and get on a path to academic success.
For complete details on the High School Fair, visit www.cps.edu/hsfair