The application process for the school year on this page is now closed. Please visit the OAE application page for information about the 2012-2013 application process. Thank you.
CPS has opened the application period for its College and Career Academies with 20 new academies to choose from!
The deadline to submit an application is January 10, 2011.
CPS College and Career Academies feature a unique, proven approach to preparing high school students for college and career success. Utilizing state-of-the-art labs, students are engaged in industry-focused technical instruction that supplements CPS' college prep core curriculum. Students receive real-world training and exposure to job shadowing and internships, soft skills training, and opportunities to receive scholarships, industry-recognized credentials and college credit.
The academies are housed in existing high schools and have expanded to citywide boundaries to enable students to select the program they would like to participate in, even if it is not offered at their neighborhood school. There are 16 schools housing College and Career Academies included in the 2011-2012 application.
Students will be enrolled at the freshman level in fall 2011. Applications from current 8th grade students must be delivered to the Office of Academic Enhancement no later than December 17, 2010 at 5:00pm.
Before you complete the application, be sure to have the following items handy:
- Personal Information: Applicant's name, address, CPS ID number (if student is a current CPS student), gender, and birth date.
- IEP/504: Indicate if the student has an IEP or 504 Plan. If yes, include a copy of the IEP or 504 Plan.
- Parent/Guardian information: Provide a parent/guardian's name, work/cell and home telephone numbers.
- For charter students or non-CPS students: Need to have counselor from previous school provide 2009-2010 final test scores for ISAT, ITBS, TERRA NOVA, CAT, or other test. Also must provide 2009-2010 final grades for reading, math, science and social science along with the signature of the counselor or principal from the student’s school.
College and Career Academy applications
College and Career Academies are now open with citywide boundaries.
Or you can download the College and Career Academy application below:
College and Career academies
The schools and associated academies that are included in the College & Career Academy application for the 2011-12 school year are:
- Agricultural Education at Marshall
- Allied Health at Crane, Dunbar, Juarez, Julian, Marshall and Sullivan
- Architecture at Juarez
- Automotive Technology at Crane, Dunbar and Schurz
- Broadcast Technology and Digital Media at Julian
- Business and Finance at Curie, Julian and Schurz
- Early Childhood Education at Curie and Orr
- Construction and Architecture at Dunbar, Fenger and Harper
- Cosmetology at Dunbar
- Culinary at Marshall
- Culinary and Hospitality at Curie, Dunbar, Fenger, Harper, Juarez and Manley
- Database Programming at Curie
- Design Academy (Including Broadcast Technology, Digital Media, Architecture & Carpentry) at Curie
- Information Technology at Curie, Crane, Harlan, Juarez, Mather and Orr
- Law and Public Safety at Mather and Wells
- Logistics at Wells
- Manufacturing & Auto Technology at Curie
- Medical Assistant at Manley
- Medical & Health Careers at Crane, Dunbar, Juarez, Julian and Sullivan
- Pre-Engineering at Austin Polytech
- Teaching at Curie and Wells
For more information about College and Career Academies, go to www.chooseyourfuture.org or call (773) 553-2108. If you have questions about the application and selection process, contact Academic Enhancement at (773) 553-2240.
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click download Adobe Acrobat Reader now and follow the instructions.