The 2010 summer employment application for Mayor Daley’s Youth Ready Chicago program is available now at www.youthreadychicago.org . This online application provides a centralized means for youth, ages 14-24, to apply to many program partners including:
- Chicago Public Schools
- Chicago Park District
- After School Matters
- Chicago Housing Authority
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Department of Family and Support Services
Each partner has their own selection process and hiring criteria.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 24 at the time of the application
- Live in the City of Chicago with a valid mailing address
- Have a social security number or a number that is legally allowed to replace a social security number for the purposes of employment
- Provide a guardian’s signature for applicants under the age of 18 at the time of application.
Please encourage your eligible youth to apply online at www.youthreadychicago.org and explore the website for valuable information on summer opportunities including apprenticeships, internships and jobs.
The deadline for youth to apply for Mayor Daley’s Youth Ready Chicago summer opportunities is June 4, 2010. Applicants or parents/guardians with questions about summer opportunities may call 311 for more information or visit www.youthreadychicago.org .
Was this information helpful? Give us your feedback. Better yet, tell us a story about your child’s school. Share your story.