Research shows that healthy students have better attendance and perform better in school, both academically and socially. That’s why it’s important that parents ensure that their children are up-to-date on their immunizations.
All health forms for vision, dental, physical and immunizations are available now. Students must provide proof of required immunizations and health exams before October 15, or they will face exclusion from school.
Print the forms
In order to make sure that your child has the immunizations that he or she needs for school, view our minimum health requirements section and print the forms needed for school. Review each section below for more details:
- Immunizations and physical examinations. All students must be up-to-date on their immunizations. Students in kindergarten, 6th and 9th grade must provide proof of physical exam prior to October 15 of the current school year.
- Vision examinations. Kindergartners and any student enrolling for the first time in any grade must provide proof of an eye examination before October 15 of the current school year.
- Dental examinations. All students in kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grade must provide proof of a completed dental exam by a licensed dentist prior to May 15 of the current school year.
Complete the forms
Once you’ve printed the forms, now it’s time to get them completed before their respective deadlines. You can do this by:
- Scheduling a visit with your child’s doctor.
- Visiting one of the many medical clinics that are available throughout the city.
For more information, contact Coordinated School Health at (773) 553-1830. Learn more about our minimum health requirements.
What did you think about this article? Give us your feedback.
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click download Adobe Acrobat Reader now and follow the instructions.