School Support Center
501 W. 35th St.
Chicago, IL 60616
The SSC works in partnership with the Office of Budget & Grants Management to provide support regarding the management of resources through our contact center, instructor-led training and Premium Services.
Contact Center Support
Please call the SSC at (773) 535-5800 for questions regarding school budgets.
Budget 101: Managing School Budgets
Budget 102: Managing Positions with Position Control
Budget 103: Managing Your Discretionary Funds
How do I know which class to attend?
- Do you know how to identify the four primary categories of budget allocations for CPS schools?
- Do you know the segments of a budget line and how to readily determine the available funds?
- Do you know the functionality of Position Control?
- Do you know how to manage, monitor and increase buckets?
- Do you know what a pointer line is and what causes the changes to these lines?
Budget 101 & 102
- Do you know what the CIWP is and how to modify it?
- Do you know the “Do’s and Don’ts” of spending discretionary funds (SGSA, NCLB, College Ready)?
- Do you know what is required for a budget transfer?
- Do you know what an Amendment process is?
- Do you know what documentation must be on file at the school during compliance visits?