The Department of College and Career Preparation was created in recognition of the growing need for education after high school. College and Career Preparation works to transition more of our high school students into postsecondary education.
Department of College and Career Preparation aims to strengthen college preparation curricula and counseling supports in all CPS high schools. In addition, we partner with local and national colleges and universities to create an array of college experiences and resources for students. We also strive to secure opportunities for financial assistance, such as scholarships, that will help students with the costs of college.
- Increase the number of graduates socially prepared for postsecondary education
- Increase the number of graduates academically prepared for postsecondary education
- Increase the number of students completing the Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Increase the number of students applying for college
- Increase the number of students applying for and earning scholarships
- PSESD offers many programs, events, and workshops in which students can participate, including College Bridge, college tours, Service-Learning, and Summer Quest.
ResourcesTo find out more about the programs PSESD offers or to get involved in the many programs, events, and workshops, please visit: Chooseyourfuture.org