High School investigation day gives students and parents a preview of what high school will be like. 8th grade students get to shadow a high school student for a full-day, and parents get the opportunity to meet and greet teachers and staff before the first day of school in the fall.
- Ease the transition from elementary school to high school
- Learn what students need to make it in high school
- Meet high school teachers and counselors
- Get questions answered about high school
- Observe students in high school classes
- Experience a typical freshman schedule
- Get a head start on figuring out what high school is really like
- Meet new friends
CPS offers an array of summer programs designed to prepare your student for high school. Below are a just a few of the programs offered.