The Athletics and Sports program provides all students, regardless of race, gender or ethnicity, opportunities to develop physically, mentally and emotionally in controlled, safe activities outside of the traditional classroom.
- Enlighten students with a sense of belonging, self-worth, direction and confidence
- Function in concert with the school agenda to reach and serve its students
- Serve as a tool to inspire school spirit and self-esteem
- Student participation in athletics has positive effects on school performance and adolescent development; fosters success later in life; and promotes physical development and fitness
- Excellence can be achieved both on and off the field by supporting, enhancing and acting in concert with our students' curricular experience
For more information about CPS Sports program, visit the Sports Administration website.