After school programs at CPS are provided year round, three to four hours a day, five to six days per week, 39 to 47 weeks per year. There are three categories of after school programs: Academics, Enrichment, and Community Schools.
As a result of participating in after school programs, we expect that:
- Students will see increased academic performance.
- Students will attend school more often.
- Students will be more engaged and excited about their learning experience.
- Parents will take a more active role in their student’s education.
- Teachers will have higher expectations for students and will be more involved and/or invested in the school.
Nationally recognized comprehensive after-school program provides students with the opportunity for academic, recreation, and social enrichment.
Offers students and parents a variety of opportunities to learn beyond the classroom.
Students take advantage of a broad array of summer school activities in addition to their academic programs.
After school tutoring programs provide students with a place to get extra help on homework assignments outside of the classroom.