The Elementary Book Club provides resources for Chicago schools and communities to organize meaningful and sustained book clubs that, utilizing parent and community volunteers, facilitate book discussions with young people; teaching them the joys and adventures of reading.
- Improve reading and writing skills
- Build self-esteem
- Show students how reading and writing can be fun
- Integrate reading and writing skills into everyday activities
- Expose students to a wide variety of books and literature
- Strengthen reading skills
The Chicago Book Club began in the spring of 1998. For more information on the book club and additional reading and writing resources, please visit the websites below: