CPS Military Schools and JROTC is unique in that there are currently five Military Academies, four JROTC Academies-within-a-school, 34 traditional JROTC programs, and 20 Middle School Cadet Corps programs.
CPS Military Schools and JROTC is considered the national leader in the integration of JROTC in urban education. The CPS Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) complements the curricula and overall educational programs of America’s high schools, offering students a unique opportunity for personal growth.
As a program, JROTC is comprehensive. With an emphasis on American citizenship and history, courses also help students develop values and skills indispensable to success in school and beyond. JROTC instructors teach as much by example as by syllabus. They serve as role models for students and as mentors who provide strong incentives to stay in school and graduate. Military uniforms are worn once a week according to the program or during special events.
- Motivate young people to become better citizens and scholars
- Educate students in leadership, character, citizenship, and life-enhancing skills
- Provide positive support, and a disciplined learning environment
- Develop the academic and social skills of students
- Motivates students to learn, not only in JROTC, but also in all other classes
- Develops and increases students' postsecondary options
- Provides meaningful instruction by military instructors
- Offers a comprehensive, technology driven curriculum
- Provides both competitive and non-competitive events
The program seeks to serve students during their school years as well as throughout their lives. Visit the JROTC website below for more information.