What does Student Portal include?
Students can monitor their academic progress online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Here are a just a few features of the Student Portal:
- Class Information: View class descriptions and any attached documents (such as syllabi) that teachers enter into Gradebook.
- Assignments: View your upcoming assignments as well as past assignments, including due dates and grades received.
- Triggers: Create a customized ‘alert event’ that will prompt an email or text message notification for attendance or grade activities. Note: Prior to configuring a cell phone text alert, please confirm your text message plan with your provider as standard rates will apply.
- Grades: View a summary of your averages from each report card period for all classes. Additionally, this screen serves as the point of entry for teacher-student dialogue.
- Attendance: View a list of all non-present attendance events, such as absences and tardies, recorded during the school year.
- Calendar: View non-present attendance events by date as well as a high-level description of any campus or District events entered by the school administrator.
Update your Contact Information
Attention: Please call your school to give the staff your current contact numbers for yourself and family members.
Please also note the following:
- Please confer with your school administration for all questions related to your CPS username and password.
- The amount of information entered into Gradebook may vary from school to school and teacher to teacher. Talk to your teacher about their expectations for grade entry and updates.
- The Student Portal is not meant for school announcements. Please visit your school’s main website for upcoming events.
- If you do not have a home computer, please check with your school to see if they have a designated computer. Alternatively, you can use your valid Chicago Public Library (CPL) card at any branch to access the Student Portal. To use a CPL public computer, you must have a valid CPL card in good standing. Simply make an online reservation at the PC Reservation Station. You can choose from the next available PC or pick a time that is most convenient for you. Patrons are allowed two 1-hour PC sessions each day.
- Elementary cumulative cards and high school transcripts are not available on the Student Portal. Please see your school for transcript information.