There are several organizations available for parents interested in taking an active role in their child’s education. Parent Teacher Organizations and Parent Teacher Associations are two ways that parents can have a prominent voice within their child’s school.
According to PTA.org, parent teacher groups strive to:
- Promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school and community.
- Raise the standards of home life.
- Secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- Bring into closer relation the home and the school so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- Develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental and social education.
Parents interested in getting involved with either organization can contact their child’s school for more information.