The Office of Diverse Learner Supports and Services (ODLSS) provides the tools to ensure that all Diverse Learners receive a high-quality public education that prepares students for success.
ODLSS is responsible for student evaluations, creating and monitoring Individual Education Plans (IEPs), and working with schools, staff, and families to fulfill these plans towards greater student development and achievement.
ODLSS uses a data-driven approach to best support the needs of each individual student, and does so in compliance with federal and state regulations regarding special education, including the Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
To learn more, read our CPS Procedures and Guidelines for this school year:
- Closing the Achievement Gap and Improving Outcomes for Students with Disabilities
- Procedural Manual: Guidance on Providing Special Education and Related Services to
Students with Disabilities
- Paraprofessional Support
- Assistive Technology (AT)
- Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- Extended School Year (ESY)(IEP Section 14)
- Transportation (IEP Section 15 and Section 504 Plan - Transportation)
- Procedural Safeguards for Parents/Guardians of Students with Disabilities
If you are the parent of a child with disabilities for whom transportation is provided pursuant to an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan and your child is experiencing transportation related problems, call (773) 553-2860 for immediate assistance.
For questions around special education services, please contact the school level . assigned district representative
Diverse Learners Parent Advisory Council
Consejo Consultivo--Padres de Estudiantes de Aprendices Diversos
If you are interested in becoming a member of this group, we welcome you to complete the Parent Advisory Interest Form. We thank you for your interest and for your involvement in our mutual goal of ensuring continued success for all students in the City of Chicago.
42 West Madison
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Main: (773) 553-1800
Fax: (773) 553-1801