We aim to make CPS the choice destination for education by building the capacity of schools to use information and technology. We do this by providing customer-focused training, secured data, and a reliable infrastructure. ITS staff members ensure that every project or task that we engage in supports CPS in providing high quality instruction, academic programs, and development support to prepare students for the challenges that come with tomorrow's world.
Our goals align with the CPS core strategies of instructional excellence, talent attraction and development, and expanded options and opportunities. These primary goals include:
- Transform: Provide district tools to track and analyze student performance and improve business processes
- Enable: Use data and information to enrich the teaching and learning experience
- Operate: Improve and maintain network infrastructure, security, and standards
- Productivity: Enhance cost-effective use of resources
We are always partnering with schools and other departments to meet District goals. Some of our larger initiatives, which are directly related to our primary goals, include:
- Transform: CPS@Work (PeopleSoft), IMPACT SIM
- Enable: IMPACT CIM, CPS On-Demand
- Operate: Security Awareness, Advance Telecommunications Project
- Productivity: TECH|XL, E-Rate
We are proud to see principals, teachers, and students using technology and information to enrich the learning experience. A few of our most recent accomplishments include:
- Launching IMPACT SIM, CIM, and Gradebook for teachers, students, and parents
- Providing teachers and students with e-mail and collaboration tools with FirstClass
- Automating the School Improvement Plan for Advancing Academic Achievement (SIPAAA) process
- Providing district leaders with data to make informed decision with Performance Dashboards
- Launching the new CPS website!
Our department also works directly with schools to share information and develop new skills. Some of the programs and events that we sponsor include:
- Tech Talk is a conference for technology coordinators to meet and share their knowledge about technology.
- Principals Technology Leadership Institute develops skills around data-driven decision-making in new principals.
- TechCrew and Dell TechKnow are programs to teach students technology skills.
- E-Rate ONE helps schools receive technology services by leverage their funding through the federal E-Rate program.