Human Resources maximizes the potential of Chicago public school students by recruiting quality individuals to work for the CPS and by providing accurate, timely and courteous services to all CPS employees.
Our goal is to maximize the potential of Chicago public school students and serve the needs of CPS employees. We:
- Engage in focused recruitment and effective communications with external partners
- Facilitate and support execution of all employee life cycle transactions, from induction to separation
- Serve as a strategic partner in developing human capital by proactively managing performance and professional development
We continue to seek ways to provide for employees efficiently. HR units have undertaken the following:
- Recruitment and Workforce Planning provides high-quality human capital through talent management strategies.
- Professional Development ensures that each school has a high-quality principal by preparing individuals identified for a leadership pathway, implementing the principal eligibility process, and impacting the principal selection process.
- Employee Services delivers impeccable customer assistance that supports all CPS employees by meeting their individual HR needs.
- Compensation and Benefits Management implemented Pay for Performance and Merit-based salary planning, new Compensation Policies and Procedures, and Strategic Benefits Communications and Programs.
None provided at this time.
There are many resources available to CPS employees and potential employees through Human Resources:
- Weekly Electronic Bulletin and monthly CPS@Work newsletter
- Teacher Housing Resource Center
- Guidance to teachers seeking National Board Certification
- Career Fairs
- Retirement Informational Sessions